EstateGuru has launched a crowdfunding campaign on Seedrs that allows you to buy equity in the platform and become part of the company’s future.
In order to take advantage of this amazing opportunity, which is the first time we’ve ever made equity in the company available, you will need to register as an investor on the Seedrs platform.
As Seedrs is a UK company the fundraising process is subject to Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) legislation, which means that it can only conduct marketing in English and that the registration process needs to contain a thorough vetting process. Registering is quite straightforward but to provide some extra help we’ve developed this handy guide. If you still have any questions about the process after reading this guide or have difficulties understanding the English language, then our direct customer support can help you out. Simply email [email protected] and we will get back to you.
First of all, visit Seedrs.com and click on the Sign-Up button at the top right of the page. You will have the option to use one of your social media accounts or an email address and password to start the registration process. This includes the following steps:
- Confirming your Email
- Filling in your Basic Information
- Taking the Risk Warnings Quiz
- Completing your Account and Verifying your Identity
1. Once you have submitted your email address and created a password, you will be sent a confirmation email.
Click on the link provided in this email to verify the address.
2. Next, you will be asked which country you live in and whether you are an individual investor, investing on behalf of an institution, or wish to raise funds yourself. Please choose the most relevant option for you.
On the same page, you will need to supply your first and last name. Make sure these match the ones in your identity document, which you will need later. Don’t use nicknames or abbreviations, so no ‘Tom’ if your name is ‘Thomas’ in your passport or ID.
Read the membership agreement before ticking the box confirming you have done so.
The next step is to confirm which kind of investor you are. Again, you should choose the profile that describes you best.
After picking your investor profile, tick the boxes stating that you understand the risk of being an investor and read the Risk Warning document.
3. In the next section, you may have to complete a short quiz, your reading of the Risk Warnings will provide you with some of the information needed. The purpose of this quiz is to ensure investors understand the risks involved with investing in companies raising on Seedrs.
Once you have completed the questionnaire you will be returned to the main page. You will note however that your profile is only 60% completed. When you click on this notice you can move on to the next stage of the process.
4. Here you need to enter your legal details. This information will be checked as part of the Know Your Customer (“KYC”) process so it is vital that it is correct.
Once you have supplied these details you will need to verify your identity and may need the following documentation; passport, drivers licence or ID card, and proof of residency. Please note if you are required to submit a proof of residency this should be in the form of a utility bill or bank statement, dated within the past three months.
Once you have followed the requested steps your registration process will be complete.
Now you simply need to wait for Seedrs to approve the request, which can be immediate or may take up to 48 hours.
If you have any questions or need more assistance with the process, our support team will be happy to assist you. Send an email to [email protected] to receive assistance.